Wednesday, December 16, 2015

When A Crafter Cooks

admit I'm not a natural cook, it took me seven months ( after my graceful exit from my career) to learn how to at least bake a simple banana cake or see how tools and equipment in my kitchen actually work. Though the ordeal of learning the basics of motherhood was hard, I manage to create a wonderful bond with my daughters through experimenting in our kitchen. This has become our place of learning and discovering new things - even answering daily assignments while I do the cooking! My little chills are my greatest supporters - even Big Sissy suggests if ever I return to work someday I should work in a bakery or restaurant because I'm a great baker!  (ohh she is really my daughter!) Although my husband would use to tease me when I try to cook before. He would say, "ohh you will get tired, let's order food instead!"  Yes, I know I am a no cook or a baker or any food expert but I said to myself I'm a crafter so there's still hope for me- I can make food tasty and yummy by creatively making it look good!

So this is my inspiration why Little Chills Bento was born. I wanted to prepare foods for my daughters and make them feel so loved and taken care of everyday. I want my Big Sissy to be surprised when she opens her lunchbox in school and be happy that her mommy prepared something nice and beautiful for her. I also want to be assured that my daughters are eating healthy while I'm not there to look after them. (Oh mommy stuffs, drama!)  I'm quite happy that so far, the results are great.  Big Sissy has now open her world  to other food aside from pasta and cheese. She has improved her eating habits and is now trying foods that she thought she would never like before.  Although I will be working much on the veggies and fruits as we (excluding daddy!)  are not so fond of these stuffs!

No comments:

Post a Comment